Saturday 29 November 2014

Key conventions of an OTS

After analysis of a series of opening title sequences and additional research I have constructed a list of typical conventions which we must as producers take in mind to optimise the quality and for fill the brief. Below is a presentation I have found on slide share which goes into detail on each of the convention necessary for a title sequence.

Key conventions


  • Correct hierarchy of production companies and appropriate placement of the other titles, including the film title.
  • An expression of style which is allows the audience to interpret what genre the production is.
  • Clues and foreshadowing of plot/narrative
  • A fitting soundtrack which fits the genre
  • Cinematography of the film 
Please note I did not create the below presentation however I have found it incredibly useful and I deemed it pointless to recreate a nearly identical presentation.



No comments:

Post a Comment